Hait

Hait

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 1
Arrived at PAP (Port au Prince) at 7:20 this morning after an all-nighter via LAX and MIA. The     1 ¼ hr. ride to Petionville through the back streets of Port au Prince gave me the impression that things are improving. They seem to be clearing some of the rubble from the streets (don’t know where they’re putting it) and the people are cleaning up more of the garbage and at least putting it in bigger piles.
My room is the same one that I stayed in in April and although small will serve me quite well. I had no problem filling up the little dresser. I share an office with the 1 UMCOR, 3 UMVIM and several Haitian full time staff members. The good news is that we have the only A/C unit at the Guest House complex.
I’ve already started to work. I attended a meeting with Reverend Gessner Paul, the President of EMH (Haiti Methodist Church) and the Joint LeadershipTeam where I was introduced and my role discussed. It looks like it will be a very busy 3 months.
I will be posting pictures on the SLIDESHOW. Double click on the image if you want a larger view.

No comments:

Post a Comment