Hait

Hait

Friday, September 9, 2011

Prolog

Starting September 15th I will be working in Haiti for the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) as the Project Coordinator for the Haiti Home Assistance Program and the Guest House Renovation project. I will be headquartered in Petionville at the Methodist Guest House campus and will be working in-country for the next 3 months. This will be my 3rd time in Haiti this year.
My two previous trips to Haiti have changed my life in many ways and I’m sure this experience will also have a profound effect. I’m both excited and apprehensive- Excited about the new adventure, the challenge of being involved in the next phase of Haiti’s recovery and working with people that have so much hope and courage - Apprehensive about the unknown obstacles that I’ll face and being away from friends and family for an extended time.
This blog will be one way that I hope to keep in touch with friends and family and I will be posting updates and pictures on a regular basis. Your donations, thoughts and prayers are the fuel that will keep my engine running on this mission and I’m truly grateful.
Yours in mission,
Bill

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bill,
    Safe travels to Haiti!! I think it's so wonderful that you are sharing yourself and your skills with the people of Haiti to help the rebuild their community. I'll be thinking about you and missing you in the St. Mark's Singers!! You'll certainly be missed. I think 3 months will pass in a blink of an eye!
    Take care.
    Tammy Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts and prayers coming from all of the ARC guys, Bill... you will be missed! We had a good recording session last night and are getting ready for Saturday's extra rehearsal! Take care of yourself, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete